Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend of Good-bye....


From Thursday to Sunday, i had to say "good-bye" to a number of people, and things. This summer i had to say good-bye again to one of my favorite ladies, SAM!!! She is my BK sweetheart. Sam and i met about 3 1/2 years ago through my cousin Bea, and we instantly clicked, like sisters When we took a trip to Florida, we bickered like sisters, but we couldn't even stay mad each other. Sam and i have similar personalities, very humble, carefree, and are both in the education field. What i love about Sam, is that she's a little firecracker at times, and she would say things, that I would be shy about. Sam decided last year to pursue her teaching overseas, in South Korea, and I'm soo happy for her, because I know and she knows - this was a great decision. =)
Now this friendship, is one that is rare. Martine and I met at a Haiti relief party and were introduced to each other through Rudi, a mutual friend of us both. At the party we didn't talk much, but she just seem liked a ball of energy. Then as time passes, and unfortunate events took place, our mutual friend Rudi, had passed away this June, and at the service we encountered again. This time, we were remembering the life and laughs of our dear friend. After the funeral service, we went for ice cream, and talked, and just clicked. Shes a beautiful girl inside and out. We've had some random fun times together. Martine decided to go to Haiti, to pursue her goal, of helping the children in Haiti, and return to teaching.
Now Jane! , Jane and I have known each other what seems like F-O-R-E-V-E-R. We met, I want to say in late 2002 at our first job together, at Sylvan Learning Center. Looking back, we were SO YOUNG then. LOL Jane and I have been through alot of changes in our lives, graduating college, applying for Grad school, job searching, hair styles,moving out, moving back, the ups and downs of our past boyfriends...( the list goes on and on)
One thing I adore about my friendship with Jane, is she is real. One person that never lest me down, is her. I'm very happy for Jane as she left this past weekend and moved to Michigan to pursue her dream about becoming a lawyer. I'm so Proud of her.



And now for me, Im getting ready for classes, and this new job that all begin in a week. I am saying GOOD-BYE to whatever was in my past, that wasn't growing, or anything that was holding me back in any way. I'm mentally preparing myself for Sept, and for the better days to come, because I know success, happiness, and love are waiting for me... <3


2 comments: