I'm Back!
To catch you up to date, I finished my summer classes and needed a weekend get a-away to relax and do absolutely nothing, and i did just that. I spent a total of $219.80 for my round trip ticket for a weekend that was filled with perfection. I took a trip to ATL (Wha it do shawwwty- OD country accent) and had one of The Best Weekends Ever!
No deadlines
No annoying alarm clock
The Best Cinnamon Pancakes of alllllllll time
Perfect weather
Shopping and bought new pair of shoes and earrings =) under $40 bucks =)
Great Company
Without a care in the world, I lived this weekend! No pressure to be/act a certain way, But instead to dress, say, and do anything I wanted to. The perfect weekend, that helped me open my eyes more and realize true beauty lies within.
I took apart of my home-girl Sharifa's 26th birthday celebration as she begins this new chapter in her life by relocating to SC to pursue her doctoral degree, and begin a new relationship. All of which are exciting- yet scary.
I looked at her, and couldn't help but feel some sort of jealously inside. She found the courage to take on these new endeavors , while I hold on to what feels safe and familiar, instead of taking a leap into the unknown.
While sitting on the plane returning back to my normal, and predictable life, i cant help but think......What am i waiting for?
I like that last question. Like I told a friend of mine the other day... "Those who believe that good things will come to those who wait, end up with nothing because someone else beat them to it..."
ReplyDeleteGood read, and I agree w/ the power move made by your friend, which can also be enjoyed by yourself. In fact, she probably asked a similar question once upon a time.
ReplyDeleteATL is the business. Always enjoy my visits.