Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I found my peace: In music

When the day becomes so overwhleming filled with the morning rush, lesson planning, staying up late writing papers for grad school, looking for parking in the city, having your umberalla flip in the downpour rain, dealing with parents, dealing with kids, grading papers during lunch, eating in my car, while catching up on chapter readings, getting a damn ticket, because of the alternate side of the street parking, to almost getting in an accident because of student drivers.......

I NEED TO FIND MY PEACE! So what better way then listening to this.

"why should i feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,

why should my hart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,

When Jesus is my portion, My constant Friend is HE:

His eye is on the sparrow , and I know He watches me:

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me!"

2 comments:

  1. Love me some L Boogie and love pretty much every version of this classic song. There is a deacon in my relatives' church who nails it, every time.

    I am happy that I remembered your blog. You have flava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flava?? That's a great compliment! Thank you so much Don! (insert me blushing here)

    ReplyDelete