Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Mommy's Words

.............So i'm going on month number 3 without chemically damaging my hair, its def. "a change" it has its pros and cons that i will get into in another blog, But one thing that is certain it is alot more harder then i expected. I've been reading natural hair blogs, articles, children books, and asking around to other sisters- that have their hair natural...and the one common factor that everyone is telling me is: "Congratulations on the decision to go back to your true self, and It's difficult- yet a Liberating feeling!"

So I had the conversation with my mom, telling her that i decided to go back to my natural hair, and she reassured me with these words: " Geri, what ever you decide to do, I will love you regardless, When you were born, you were my beautiful nappy headed baby, even if you go bold you will always be my beautiful girl."

















2 comments:

  1. Thats so great that you Mom is so supportive! I'm sure that making the decision to go au natural was a big change that has its pros and cons, but you are sticking with it, which is great!! I've been wanting to get the book Nappy Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been natural for over a year my hair is thicker and it grows fast. I have to say it is high maintenance, but the journey is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete